Design a remote server system
This feature is only available on the Windows, macOS, Linux and PWA versions of System Designer.
With System Designer you can import a system of a running app on a remote server. You can then update the system from System Designer. All modifications to the system will be then send to the running system.
Enable design mode on your running system
To enable design mode on your application, just install the mode-admin-server extension in your server script and start it:
// require system runtime const runtime = require('system-runtime'); // install mode-admin-server extension runtime.install('node_modules/system-runtime/extensions/mode-admin-server.json'); // install and start your app runtime.install('mysystem.json');
Set the url of the server
- In System Designer, on the left toolbar, click on the 'configuration' icon. A configuration panel is then shown.
- Click on Server-side as value for Type of debugging,
- Set the url of the server you want to debug (example: http://localhost).
Design your system
- Then on the left toolbar, click on the 'design' icon (the square with a pen icon). A message is then shown to inform you that a system has been found and it is ready to be imported.
- Click on Import button. The system is then imported.
Now you can explore your system.
All modifications to the system in System Designer will impact the running system.